Monday 14 May 2012

Apple Crumble...from tree to table


Our apple tree has been loaded with fruit again, and Mr K has been busy bottling.


With only a few fruit left on the tree, I thought I'd better get in quick and make an apple crumble!


When we were kids we used to drop the peel and see if it would make a letter, and that would be the first initial of the person you would marry when you grew up :)


All sliced up and in the dish.



Crumble topping made with sugar and spice and all things nice.



Pop it in the oven...



...then eat and enjoy!  Mmmm-mmm!  
And the best part is, left-overs for breakfast, yum!


When I was small, my Mum planted a Lord Wolseley apple tree.  It was years before it had any apples on it.  In fact, the first year that it did was the year we moved house.  I picked some, and made a delicious apple crumble...it was so good that while the house stood empty, I rode my bike back to the house specially to pick apples to make more apple crumble.  And now I've planted a Lord Wolseley in my garden, and it's always loaded with delicious apples.  The crumble recipe I use is by Alison Holst from her book Meals Without Meat.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! There is nothing better than homemade apple crumble, it is one of my go to desserts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all!